Sharq Informational-Analytical Center, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
The Sharq Center conducts research into many issues surrounding Tajikistan's social, political and economic transition with the goal of supporting the growth of democracy and reform. Center staff have authored several articles and books concerning civil society, including a report for the UN Development Program on "Tajikistan and Independence," and a book published in 1996 analyzing civil society in India. The Sharq Center also operates a civic education resource center and publishes a news bulletin, "Democracy and Elections."
7 Bofanda str., dep. 9,
- The Islamic Renaissance Party, - ACCORD. Political of compromise. The Tajikistan peace process. Conciliation Resources, London, 2001, pp.26-27.
- Political Islam in Tajikistan, - CASIANET EARLY WARNING NETWORK, Regional Early Warning Report, region Tajikistan, period July, 2001, 10p]
- Antiterrorist campaign in Afghanistan and its impact on Central Asian Neighbors, - in journal of Social and Political Studies «Central Asia and The Caucasus”, Lulea, Sweden. N.4(16), 2002, pp. .38-45.
- Asian Values in the Context of Tajikistan’s Domestic Politics and Foreign Policy: Regionalism and its Impact on the Political Life of Tajikistan. - // Asia-Pacific. The Newsletter of the Asia-Pacific Research Center, Kobe Gakuin University, Lobe Japan. Vol. 1, Number 2, February 2003 , p.3.
- Combating Religious Extremism in Central Asia: Problems and Perspectives. Materials of the Conference on April 25, 2002, Dushanbe. Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, OSSE, Research Center “SHARQ”, Almaty: 2003. – 170 p.
- Musulmanskie lideri: sotsialnaya rol i avtoritet, - Research Center “SHARQ” & Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, isdatelstvo “Divashtich”, 2003, p. 123.
- A Year after the 9.11. Incident: Tajikistan’s Response. - // “The Japan Center for Area Studies – JCASReview, Vol.5, No.1, February 28, 2003, pp.59-72 ”
- Asian Values in the Context of Tajikistan’s Domestic Politics and Foreign Policy: Regionalism and its Impact on the Political Life of Tajikistan, - // “Asian Values in the Globalizing World of the 21-st Century (Open Research Center Project) . Annual Report 2002-2003. Asia Pacific Research Center Kobe Gakuin University, Japan. October, 2003, pp.282-301”
- Religious Roots of Terrorism and Religious Extremism in Central Asia”, in ed. by Mahavir SINGH International Terrorism and Religious Extremism. Challenges to Central and South Asia (Published for Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Kolkata, 2004): 43 – 60.
- Migration and Security: Challenges for Central Asia. - // Bulletin EAWARN, #56 July – August 2004, Moscow, pp.133 – 135.
- Central Asia After Collapse of the USSR and Islamic Radicalism. – DIALOGUUE, Quarterly, Vol.6, No.2, October-December 2004. Focus: India and Central Asia. A Journal of Astha Bharati , New Delhi, pp. 107-121
Dushanbe 734042 Tajikistan
Telephone: (992-372) 218370 or 219618
Fax: (992-372) 218995
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Muzaffar Olimov, director; Tatyana Abdushukurova, coordinator